From a Few years ago and more
A little older, but still hopefully interesting:
- The 10 most notable and influential Houston restaurants to open in the past decade - Looking back at the local dining scene on the cusp of 2020.
- Houston's most influential restaurants and bars - These establishments have helped shape how you dine out in Houston. And, good to visit, too.
- Old World wines seem to pair best with the new wave of Houston cooking - The menu proudly proclaims all the local and regional producers it sources from, but the wine list features mostly European wines...and this actually makes perfect sense.
- Traveling to Houston? Here are some conveniently located favorites - Here are recommendations among a number of different categories, with plenty of well-curated and very useful information already. Plenty. Over 6,000 words, in fact, but divided into subjects, it actually reads easily, or breezily. Penned in 2018, it needs some updating.
- The 10 best restaurants to open in Houston in 2019 - This was a very enjoyable year for Houstonians looking for something new.
- The 10 best restaurants to open in Houston in 2018 - If not quite as good as the previous, 2018 was still a great year for new eateries.
- The 10 best restaurants to open in Houston in 2017 - This might have been the best year ever for new restaurants in the city.
- The 10 best restaurants to open in Houston in 2016 - Though not as nearly as exciting as the previous, there were still some very welcome newcomers in 2016, maybe the worst year ever...considering everything.
- The 10 best restaurants to open in Houston in 2015 - This was was a terrific year for new restaurants, the best since 2009, at least.
- The 10 best dining values inside the Loop - The Inner Loop area is home to most of the best restaurants in the city. And, though rising rents in recent years has made dining more expensive - and expensive for restaurant staff - there are still some terrific values. These are the ten best.
- The 9 most iconic Houston dishes - At least these were the most iconic when this was penned in 2011. These might not be the most iconic today, but this will provide some insight into the local dining scene, and these dishes are still quite tasty.