Miscellaneous articles that might not fit into the other categories
Most still seem to have a food and drink connection.
- Sinatra and Dining - Sinatra might be as much a part of the American Italian restaurant tradition as red sauce.
- During Saint Patrick's Day, why is food barely a thought, unlike most other ethnic festivals? - St. Patrick’s Day is the most anticipated day in most bar owners’ calendars, especially an Irish-themed establishment. Interestingly, in the advertisements and promotions for St. Patrick’s Day, food is rarely referenced. Maybe there is some brief mention of corned beef or Irish stew, but these are very minor attendants to the event where beer and booze are dispensed and consumed with greater rapidity for most than almost any other time of the year. Certainly among the celebrants, food is afterthought, at best.
- The Greatest Album in Rock History, Sort Of - Given the range and amount of rock music produced over the decades, it is stupid to call one album that greatest in rock history, but I do.
- Goodbye Drayton, goodbye National League; one of you will be missed - Late in the 2016 season, I still don't like the 'Stros being in the American League.
- Kaz Matsui, a foul ball and an obnoxious kid - My second foul ball, and the first one I caught in the air. It was a good catch, too; easy, but impressive to friends after we had already consumed several beers. I was also able to get off a good line to obnoxious little shit that greatly amused the older folks sitting near us.