Articles on dining and imbibing in Houston
A few relevant pieces on the subject:
- Traveling to Houston? Here are some conveniently located favorites - Here are recommendations among a number of different categories, with plenty of well-curated and very useful information already. Plenty. Over 6,000 words, in fact.
- The Margherita Pizza Project - An attempt to document versions of this iconic pizza across Houston; to cut to the chase, it was disappointing.
- Houston's most influential restaurants and bars - These establishments have helped shape how you dine out in Houston. And, good to visit, too.
- Old World wines seem to pair best with the new wave of Houston cooking - The menu proudly proclaims all the local and regional producers it sources from, but the wine list features mostly European wines...and this actually makes perfect sense.
- The 10 best restaurants to open in Houston in 2018 - If not quite as good as the previous, 2018 was still a great year for new eateries.
- The 10 best restaurants to open in Houston in 2017 - This might have been the best year ever for new restaurants in the city.
- The 10 best restaurants to open in Houston in 2016 - Though not as nearly as exciting as the previous, there were still some very welcome newcomers in 2016, maybe the worst year ever...considering everything.
- The 10 best restaurants to open in Houston in 2015 - This was was a terrific year for new restaurants, the best since 2009, at least.
- The 10 best dining values inside the Loop - The Inner Loop area is home to most of the best restaurants in the city. And, though rising rents in recent years has made dining more expensive - and expensive for restaurant staff - there are still some terrific values. These are the ten best.
- The 9 most iconic Houston dishes - At least these were the most iconic when this was penned in 2011. These might not be the most iconic today, but this will provide some insight into the local dining scene, and these dishes are still quite tasty.
- Some of the best Italian-American (and American-Italian) eateries in Houston - Not quite Italian, but very recognizable and usually very enjoyable.